With the holiday season upon us, our guys at public works would like to remind you that trash schedules will vary to allow all city employees time with their families during the holidays.
Because there is added trash for Christmas, the City allows all routes at least one day of UNLIMITED (bag only) trash collections. Unlimited trash will be accepted on December 26, 27, and 28, as well as on the days listed in the schedule below. Be sure to check the schedule if your trash is normally collected on any day that is observed as a City holiday.
For the days when city holidays are observed, trash schedules will be as follows:
The City observes both Thursday and Friday, November 22 & 23 for the Thanksgiving holiday and all city offices will be closed.
- Thursday, November 22nd trash routes will be collected on Wednesday, November 21st.
- Friday, November 23rd trash routes will be collected on Monday, November 26th.
The City observes both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, December 24 & 25 for the Christmas holiday and all city offices will be closed.
- Christmas Eve trash routes will not be collected until the following Monday, December 31st. This will be an UNLIMITED (bags only) trash pick up.
- Christmas Day trash routes will not be collected until Wednesday, January 2, 2019. This will be an UNLIMITED (bags only) trash pick up.
New Years Day Trash:
The City observes New Year's Day, January 1 as a holiday and all city offices will be closed.
- New Year's Day trash routes will run on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Thank you all for your understanding and patience during these altered pick-up days. If you have additional questions about your trash schedule, please feel free to call City Hall at 573-431-3577 during regular office hours.
We wish you all a very happy, and safe holiday season!